You are not logged in.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345678...58
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
1st Live Stream Summary

I´m happy for all your feedback (negative as positive) to make it better the next time. Personally I would say, that it was a little success for doing this the first time - but the next week we will need to start a bit later and we should do a little program of the upcoming stream to be a bit better organized...

I was working now about 10 hours on the videos and also (as u can see) together with Jeliahz on the website, so I am to tired to write also our first article

However, it will follow during this week when I had some sleep
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/06/24 20:22 By [NewNet]*Atarix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2nd Live Stream @ 12-13-2009 (CLOSED!) 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
2nd Live Stream Summary

Hello guys, or second stream is over and it is time again for your

1.) Feedback about this stream (12-13-09)

and your

2.) Ideas for the next stream (12-20-09)

Today everything was working already a bit better and we just had one time (after 3,5 hours) a little blackout - technically realy a very good quote.

What I liked was, that we had much more viewers, the chat was getting used and it was great to use skype and to have my co-hosts with me for all the time (you guys did btw. a great job on the chat, talking to the ppl. while I was running the stream, thank you!)

I never expected to get so much viewers on "Mario Kart" but hey, this game has to come back def. next week again :-D

Whats your opinion, and what are your ideas? Thx a lot for your feedback!
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/11/13 15:30 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

Re:LIVE STREAM 12-13-2009 & 12-20-2009 (OPEN!) 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Would it be possible to move it to Saturday and maybe an hour later than it's current slot time? At the current time it airs Early Sunday Morning(for me at least), a time that is near impossible for me to hit. Also I think it would be a good idea for everyone to list the games they'd be willing to play together for future reference. I'll make another thread for it.

I am very sorry, but I can´t move the regular stream to saturday... As u know, I am married, so I had to find an agreement with my wife. Saturday belongs to her, Sunday belongs to me ^^.

We even started the stream this time 2 hours later then the last time - but when the stream is over, then it is over here already 9.30 PM and after that it takes me about 60 to 90 minutes to clean up the room and to backup all files (we create more then 10GB of Datas for every singele Stream) and then I have to go to bed, because I need to get up early...

Timezones suck ^^!

However, beside our regualar stream we will do even some special streams (for esp. now during the coming free days) so I will try to set these ones up much later, because I do not need to work the day after.

PS: Ur Idea with the Online game list is great, I will add my games as soon as possible...
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/06/13 10:10 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

1. I had an absolute blast ^^ Great games were played, it was entertaining, the chat was very lively, and overall it was a fantastic stream. I was also a bit surprised at how many viewers joined for Mario Kart. I was a bit disappointed I did so poorly with Vega in my first match, but I think Cammy and Blanka made up for that

Getting other players into the Skype conference was also a good idea. I wish I could've joined in as well, but no headset. I hope to have one before the next stream so I can join it, too. The interactivity with the chat was cool, as I noticed chatters were making suggestions, giving ideas, and having a great time.

2. For the next stream, in addition to the fighting games, I think the viewers might like games that can have more players in them. As with Mario Kart on the Wii, there's also Pure, Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament 3; those types of games that can have 4-16 players at once. I think that's another reason Mario Kart did so well - more players per game.

Also, I'd like to see games with customizable characters. Soul Calibur 4 and Virtua Fighter 5, for example, are a great way to show your creations and battle it out with them. Perhaps a "Custom Character Only" rule for a few matches might make it quite interesting.

Fantastic stream, looking forward to the next

Hey Chaos, I am glad to get this very positive feedback from you, it would be cool to have u in our skype conference during the stream the next time, too...

The point about the multi player games is really true! Very soon (I ordered already the converter ^^) it will be even possible to stream PC games, too - then we can come up to organise even some nice events on our public gameservers and more :-D

However, next week its time again for some Mario Kart - I can´t belive that my sister in law was winning every single race ^^
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I only speak the truth ^^ As I mentioned during the stream, Sundays are usually a real drag for me, but now that you have the streams on Sunday, I always have something to look forward to. And, since Sundays are so slow for me, I'll be able to stick with the streams from start to finish - even if I'm not currently participating in a game, I'll always be in the chat and on Skype (I hope).

Oh, and I just realized I have a computer microphone that was given to me, I just never used it. I'm not sure if that can be used for the Skype chat and I'm also not certain how well it picks up my voice and if it filters out background noise. To be on the safe side though, I do plan on getting a headset.

It seems like your sister-in-law is a pro at Mario Kart ^^ Any multiplayer games with Mario are always fun to watch because they're so unpredictable. I'd like to see a Mario Strikers match sometime too; I played the one of the Gamecube and those matches can get pretty intense

Sounds good! Listen, u wrote me the last time on youtube that u like to write a lot – and now you wrote that u can follow the stream from the start until the end… Well, I don’t know if you saw our news already on the mainsite, but we are still looking for somebody who would like to join our “stream-team” and who could write a little summary after every stream for our website.

Would you be interested to give it a try? Just asking, if you are not interested on something like this, then it is no problem

All you would need is a headset and Skype/Teamspeak. Of course we would help u to get it all running – we are good when it comes to tech stuff, but we are not the best writers ;-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Haha, you read my mind Atarix! I saw that on the front page and thought of bringing it up to you, but wasn't quite sure if you already had a writer. But sure, I'd be glad to join the Stream Team and do summaries of each stream

I'll write as the stream goes on, and afterwards I can e-mail you or send a message of my summary - whichever you prefer. I'm very detailed, so you'll most likely have to make some cuts out of the article, or have me revise it a bit to shorten the overall length.

Although, it may be a bit tough at certain points when I'm participating in a game, so I might need to view parts of the stream to see what went on during the match. I'd like to make the summaries entertaining, as well, so I can do an overall summary of the stream and individual summaries of matches and games played. But, just let me know how you want them and I'll do my best to make them something worth reading

PERFECT! :-D

Do u think you could organize yourself a headset until the next sunday? In this way we could talk before of the stream a bit, how to organize everything...
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Okay, I've got my hands on a fully functional headset. I just hope the wire is long enough... in any case, there's two earpieces and a microphone so it's better than nothing ^^

Now, I figure I just have to download Skype, but I've never used it before. Yeah, I know, I need to get with the times But, once I download it, how do I add you and are there any settings I should mess with?

Test 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Great man, I got already this morning a message from you on my mobile phone (because I installed skype on it, too) :-D

I didn't saw if u added my fixed account already, too (its Atarix777), but I will see if I can catch you during this weekend to talk with you, if not then for sure this sunday half hour before we will be… on… air again ^^.

Ah, I think your question about the setup is already resolved, skype does near to everything by it self.

You have no Idea how lucky I am to have an writer with us (I hope u will like the job ^^), because for us non native english speakers its really hard to write text's down in this language. I mean it's ok to make (a lot) of errors when you talk (like I do during the stream) but at least on our website it should not be written that bad ^^.

We have even BackForwardPunch from NY a board, so I think that's a good start :-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/06/13 10:13 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

Awesome ^^ I actually added both names because I wasn't sure if you used one more actively than the other, plus I wasn't sure if my messages were getting sent correctly, but I think it's good now.

No worries, I try my best to keep my writing professional and detailed, but also insightful and exciting. As long as people are into what they're reading, that's enough for me ^^

I'm glad to hear BackForwardPunch is on board, as well. I'll try to be on Skype throughout the weekend so we may hopefully run into each other. Any time I'm on, feel free to message me.

Re:LIVE STREAM 12-20-2009 & 12-27-2009 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
MY FEEDBACK:

Negative:
- This time we had a way to much technical issues and lost to much viewers because of some ugly timeouts
- We were not prepared good enough and didn't had the same games, so the viewers had to wait until we finally took a decision (a bad one, because the sucked ^^)
- We changed again our promissed program.

Postive:
- Using just skype made everything easyer and the sound was much better
- 3 hours where enough of time for a single stream
- We had a lot of fun together (what is the most important thing at the end)

Suggestions:
- We should give it another try and see, if we can handle the timeouts somehow, if not I will NEED to get another provider for the stream (and that will not be that cheap and sucks).
- I as host will write down very soon all my online games in our "Live Stream" article and you should post all your games here in the forums (there exits already a thread for that)
- We will NEED to fix a program before we start the show and then we will follow it as good as possible.

Conlusion:
We had a lot of fun, but this stream was really not that professional as it could have been. What we need is a better preparation. Mario Kart was again very nice to play, so I would like to play it the next week again
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/02/15 18:06 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

I enjoyed this week's stream. Lots of laughter and just a very welcoming atmosphere and tone made it great. We did a lot for the time we had to work with, so I was overall satisfied with how it turned out.

The technical issues were a bit much for the viewers, I think. We still had them, but the turnout was a bit better last week. There were about two major times where the stream was out for a handful of minutes. Also, as a co-host, I should've talked more but I think I was too concentrated on taking notes that I kinda prevented myself from talking too much. I'll try to be more efficient and talkative in the future, as the summary videos are a HUGE help in writing my summary.

As for suggestions, I know we have SF4 and Mario Kart Wii, as they're the two biggest games that draw in viewers, but perhaps we need something more. As Nemesis had mentioned, perhaps we should do an FPS for the next stream. There's quite a large fanbase for the FPS genre, so I think it'll help pull in more viewers.

This weeks live stream was pretty awesome to watch. It was to bad about the internet timeouts and problems with on blogTV. I was so glad to be able to join the chat with all of you. It was so fun to see BackFowardPunch and Atarix finally beat the professional gaming couple of his in-laws during play of Mario Kart on Wii.

The Street Fighter 4 tournament on both the 360 and PS3 was also great to watch. When ever I watch the matches, I watch to see how I can improve my game play on Street Fighter.

It would be nice to see a tournament match in Halo 2 or 3 over the 360. In addition to see The Little Big Planet match on the PS3. Can't wait to see what will happen on this coming Sunday's live stream.
Last Edit: 2009/12/26 06:15 By .Reason: Mispelled word

Yesterday evening I was taking a look on a lot of different internet providers and found a nice offer for a single 20/1 Mbit internetline (without a seperated phoneline) for just about 29 Euros (41$)...

I wrote an email to provider and requested a call, IF they can install me a seperated line without touching my exisiting one, then I will take their offer. In this case I could even stream instead of just 330 kbs with the maximum (600 kbs) that blogTV offers and I even could maybe come up with a higher resolution, too.

Well, for now I expect their call and then I can give u more informations.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I can't wait to see what kind of service the Internet provider can give. It would be very nice to see more high quality on blogTV. I hope that it will work out great and can't wait to the specifications that the provider has as far as downstream and upstream bandwidth.

Sounds good, Atarix, would be nice to have a second line, but you will only use it for this, hopefully they can give you a good deal....
Whenever you have everything running the way you like it, we should let some more people know about the stream!
[NewNet]*BackForwardPunch
Sonic Boom!
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: United States, New York Birthday: 06/27
Last Edit: 2009/12/23 09:07 By [NewNet]*BackForwardPunch.
Go home and be a family man!

Update:

They gave me a call and checked the ports in my street yesterday... I am sorry that I still can't get a 10 Mbit Upload fiber optics line (that would be cool as hell ^^), but at least they made me a good deal and I will get a 2nd 20 Mbit Downstream and 1 Mbit Upstream ADSL line (including also a 2nd Phoneline) for 40$ by month (including a new router for free) - and I even do not need to pay the technicans for the work - so I think thats very good (i just need to wait for the contract)...

I was even checking my existing line yesterday and had a stabile upload rate with a bit more then 900kb/s - reguarding the fact, that the most streamservices can't handle more then 600kb/s thats perfect and should work without any lags or something.

I think I will connect all the consoles to the new line and my 2 portable computers to the old line (using it just for the stream and to upload videos on youtube) - while my gaming & work computer will be connected to both lines, depending on what I do... However, I will get the maximum out of this configuration ;-D

@BWP - i think we should really stick now close togehter and make the website ready during these free days, after that I should get the 2nd line and then we start with a biiiig advertizement ;-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 12345678...58