You are not logged in.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...5152535455565758
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER 12 Years, 8 Months ago  
Oh yeah... Skype! Haven't used that in a while.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Location: Australia
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hey guys, how is it going? I just would like to confirm that we will start to stream from the coming saturday again (27th August), are there any special wishes that I should consider or prepare something?
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Hey just dropping by, but I will have you a fight on Garou or SFA3, to kick your ass, or anything really, I will wait and see

Sounds great PSI, I didn't used my fight stick since arround one month now, so you have even some good chances, muhahahaha ;-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER 12 Years, 7 Months ago  
Hey guys, thx a lot for your participation during our last live stream... I think the green screen test worked out quite well what was very nice and if we consider that we had near to 100 visitors after not streaming for arround 6 weeks it was'nt to bad - what do you think?

However, I do have a problem to talk with you about. As you know I sold lately a big part of my video game collection and I canceled even my "Gaming Newspaper" subscription for the end of this month. Some reasons are that I didn't used a lot of that stuff anymore anyway, the flat looked like a video game store and another reason is, that I need a new car very soon what means that I need a lot of money. But there is also thing; probably the mainreason...

I dont know why, but somehow I started to loose a bit my passion for videogames during the last few months. It feels like the magazines are just full of "Modern Warwares 1 till 10.000" to me, over exeggerated violence rules lately the marked (thats why I stopped to buy magazines, it was the same over and over again) and I don't see (beside some single highlights of course) anything coming out, that really makes me going "WOW" anymore since a while.

So far I don't know if this is just a moment of "beeing bored" from all that (if so then its a longer moment then ever), but of course this will influence also the live stream a lot.

You know that I love to play with all you guys (especially the good old fighting games over and over again) and I love even to run the stream as a technican but I think that a host of a video game show who just play video games during a stream it self without informing him self about any video games during the week anymore can't be really a good Host.

And as always one problem brings the next problem. Right now I pay by month arround 90 Euros for the Internetlines, mainly to maintain the stream. One of these lines aren't in use when I don't play video games or when we don't have a stream (with other words, I use that line arround 3-4 hours a week) - without the need for that line I would actually just need to spend 27 Euros by month what makes quite a big difference. I want to take it one step at a time, but considering all that together I feel like its time for a change or to find a solution to make it worth (for me personally) to go on with the actual project.

- A solution could be to find again some more team members that take over for some little parts of the stream, (great would be also somebody who would like to do News or something, but for that part we would need somebody who is into newgen or who like to edit trailers), for me personally the prepared parts from the old members where the best thing on the whole stream, but lately there was near to nothing like that no more.

- Another solution could be to bring the stream project to an end and to create here and there some youtube videos instead (using the same system as we did during the stream, but with just the need of one internetline).

Well, that was just something I had on my mind, maybe you have some other solutions or ideas that we could think about...
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Thanks for the interesting read, Atarix. Since I only have the Wii this gen, I'm even more out of touch with the current state of gaming than you are! Apart from the the odd special title here and there, I personally don't often find a lot to get excited about these days, either. Unless a new Wii game is good enough to really fire my imagination, I normally spend far more time playing the retro stuff.

It's funny you know. When you were playing those new games trailers I had nothing much to say about them. If it was a new Zelda game or something then it might have been a different story, but for the majority of those trailers I guess that I didn't really care enough to even have an opinion.

If you decide to keep things rolling for a while then I guess that one answer would be to go even more retro than what we are already, while occasionally making allowances for the modern stuff should anyone wish it.

Whatever you end up deciding, all I can say is that you are a great live host, regardless of whether or not you're up to date with modern gaming.

[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/08/29 12:29 By [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

I need some time to respond to that important topic, I hope I can do that later this day, but you are doing a very good job by the way. My opionion and statement on this topic follows...
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
Gender: Male jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Location: Germany Birthday: 04/16

Hopefully you're just a bit bored at the moment, Atarix. Only time will tell, although if you really end up needing the money badly enough then there may not be much choice. Either way, you have my support.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Don't forget about this if you wanna try some different games on today's show:

www.thenewnet.eu/en/index.php?option=com...p;limitstart=60#4464

There's even a Neo Geo ten pin bowling game to check out.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Most of my "gaming" comes from watching other people play. Whether it's the live stream, youtube, or other videos around the internet (GameSpot, Machinima, Angry Video Game Nerd, etc.), I don't really play that much.

Most recently, I've been doing watching more shows/movies than playing games - mainly HuluPlus and Netflix, with the occasional trailers on Zune, sports on ESPN, or news on MSNBC on the Xbox 360.

I have been a subscriber to the "Official Xbox Magazine" since October of 2001 (I have all 128 monthly issues), along with Official PlayStation Magazine and PC Gamer, but almost the last year I've just let them add to my collection.

I did get a Wii a few months ago, but the most fun there may have been the time we played Mario Kart together online.

I believe that gaming, just like any other hobby can become "stale" where you may somewhat lose interest, but it is nice to keep around when something new catches your attention. For me, there were maybe 3 games I'd really been looking forward to - Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Rage and Rage is the only one left.

Whatever you decide to do, know that I support the choice you make. At least for now, perhaps you could call it another "Holiday" away from the stream. I just ask that you keep people informed here and through YouTube videos.

Thanks for everything you've done and I look forward to the future.

well if whatever you decide i had some good times hanging with you guys

whatever route you guys decide i want to help out =D
I wouldnt mind doing a playthrough a week or something ive been looking for something to do while im not busy with school/hw/programming =D

Hello everyone!

It was really hard to take a decision, but after I got a second opinion from the active NewNet Team I would like to talk to you about some important changes reguarding our live stream...

I guess the most of you will agree with me when I say that we had a interesting time together during the last 2 years. All started with a little webcam, then a camcorder, mixers, converters etc. and slowly our show became technically better and better from week to week - for me as a technician a very instructive and exciting time.

Beside some trouble here and there (and also some very discouraging moments) we had for the most of time always a lot of fun with what we did - and the most important thing for me personally is, that I gained even some really nice new friendships out of all that. At this point I could mention a lot of names - and I really thank every single one of you for your investment of time and the resources from heart - but my ultra mega special thanks has to go at this point to Pete aka Neckshredder1/Hierophant, who supported not just the stream team more then anybody else from his first day as a administrator on, but who supported also the NewNet as a whole until today - not to mention that he became also one of the most trustfully persons that I ever met on the internet. Without him the stream project would probably stopped already a while ago, so the biggest "Thanks" goes in this case to him.

However, I don't want to go on to torture you with a ultra long summary of the past anymore, it is time to talk about the big change.

From this moment on we have shifted our focus from weekly streaming of live multiplayer to a more casual approach based on live commenting over pre-recorded video material - that means that we will not stream every week nor at a regular time anymore.

What we will do instead is to prepare a nice programm of reviews, gameplay, matches (well, what ever we want to ^^) and then to announce the time that we choose for its transmission.

This will give us not just the possiblity to choose a better date/time that works out for a way more viewers (the fact that we cover 3 continents made it always hard for a lot of you to follow the transmission) but also to announce the programm early enough in a Newsletter/Forums/Youtube or where ever.

Of course there will be also some disadvantages, but for me personally this change will bring a lot of more free time for some other projects, much less work for all the weekly preparation (to build up Camcorders, Greenscreen, Cables, to update the consoles, to run some tests etc. took more then 2 hours beside of streaming), but it will also allow me to save arround 60 Euros (=85$) by month for a 2nd Internetline - a line that I actually can't really use beside of the stream during the week because I just do not have the time right now. However, not to forget to mention that the ISP's over here are working every day to improve their networks and as soon as it will be possible to include again some live matches into the programme then be sure that we will consider to use that possibility again from time to time, too.

But don't worry - reducing the time here, brings more time there - and the NewNet as a community that exists since 1997 is not based on a live stream, but it is in the contrary. I am sure that we will use our time to work out some new ideas and to find some new projects where we can have a lot, maybe even more, fun together very soon (starting with some casual meetings where we just play some games together and record the footage for some nice youtube videos ^^).

If you have any questions, Ideas or wishes then feel free to post them - I'll be happy to answer to you as soon as possible.

Some more information about the actual stream concept:
www.thenewnet.eu/en/index.php?option=com...d=181&Itemid=306
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Hey guys, thx a lot for your nice feedback (before of my last post)

@Beardini - the Pic is awesome, I just started to use it for my Skype Profile, hehehe.
If you are interested to help out for some streams then we should meet on Skype/TS2 to talk about that when you have a bit of time. We had already some Ideas on how to organise everything in the future (of course there are still some open questions) but I think it could become quite cool.

@Stinger - 1st of all I want to thank you very much for ur great and continous support during all of our streams and your feedback; you and stevieww have been always a great motivation for us to move on!

I hope that you will like our coming concept of streaming, consindering your post you understood my main reason to change some things, for sure we will consider your wish reguarding youtube... If you have any other ideas or wishes then just go ahead
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Atarix, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the kind words that you wrote about me. I've been having the time of my gaming life meeting with everyone on the stream each week. Hanging out with you is so much fun it should be outlawed!

That said, it will be interesting to see how things develop from this point on. "Necessity is the mother of invention", and I see the necessary step of reducing your setup to one internet line as an opportunity to re-invent the project. Who knows? Without the weekly burden of preparing, running and playing on the show, you may yet come up with more technical advancements, like the recent addition of the green screen effect. So cool!

[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

You are very welcome

Hmmm, considering the feedback that we got even on youtube (..."I definately like the idea of a program with reviews, etc." ... "It's definately hard to hit a sweet spot of timings for the stream too") it sounds like the most ppl. agree on the idea for the coming concept.

But however it will work out, I am sure that it will be a lot of fun! :-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I leave you guys on your own for one week and this is what happens!
Seriously though, did you do a stream last week?

Yes, we had a stream last sat... It just wasn't saved on twitchTV because of some connection errors. But there is one video of Neckshredder1 and me from the last stream, playing Fatal Fury on his channel
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

well my proposal i wouldnt mind doing a full playthrough of a game each stream cut it to 15 minutes just boss battles and interesting stuff by the end count deaths or something the only bad thing is that i cant hop on teamspeak due to my computer microphone being shit so i can only skype or i can lay a voiceover well thats what i could do if you guys want some gameplay if not ill probably do it anyway haha but id need to know the stream schedule i dont know what you guys are plannin but thats what i can bring to the table (i use skype on my phone) i tried talking to atarix but our timezones are so out of wake he would send a messege at like 3am my time and i dont get it cause ill be asleep but thats what i can do

@Beardini: Now that we will run just a "casual" stream here and there it would be fantastic to include something like your offer. As soon as we plan something new I will let you know the topic, maybe you can show us then a playthrough of a related game or something (ah, btw, using Skype for these streams will be no problem, too).

PS: Yeah, timezone suck, so the forums is quite handy for this. Sorry for my lazyness and the late replay, but as you can even see on my youtube acc. and all other online activies, I just needed a break from eveything.

For now I will - CLOSE - this topic but as soon as I know something new I will let you know
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2012/03/19 13:58 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER 12 Years, 1 Month ago  
Hello everyone,

2 Years and 3 Months ago we organized our first live stream and I think that you will agree with me when I say, that we had a nice time during our - arround - 80 Transmissions back then.

However, if you take a look up on my last post then you will realize that already 6 or 7 months have past since our last “offical” Stream - and even if I actually really belived back then to come up with a “Pre-recorded” Stream (that became necessary because I was going to quit one of my quite expensive internetlines that made it possible to interact live with other people while streaming) it never came to it because I became already tired and stressed when I just thought to start to invest hours of preperation into just a single stream.

So what I actually did in the meanwhile was to invest all my time into other things to relaxe a bit (well, most NewNet Members know that already ^^). Beside of a lot more of RL activies I had the finally the chance to play again more games over the internet, but I also enjoyed to play some games from the beginning till the end (while streaming that on my personal Live Stream Channel, hanging arround with Neckshredder1).

BUT (and here we come back to the Topic ^^) even if I had for sure much less stress during the last few months, I always missed our old Live Stream a lot – and so I was always thinking about the possiblity to do everything without stressing my self to much, but also without spending every month a lot of money for a 2nd Internetline that I just used at the end once a week – AND LAST FRIDAY I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!

During my (near to ^^) weekly check of the local ISP’s websites I found a very interesting new offer for a HSUPA device with up to 15Mbit down- and up to 5Mbit upstream – including unlimited traffic (40 hours by month) for a very reasonable price, exactly what I was looking for since we started to stream back then. So I rent one of these Devices to test it out and if you belive it or not, in my place I had 100% Signal and while Neckshredder1 and me tested it, it worked absolutly perfect!

So for now I bought one these devices (even a better model then that one that I got to run the test) and I hope that I can include during the next days into my setup. If all works out we could stream from time to time as we did it back then, including somehow a mix of all the different concepts that we tried in the past.

Next Sunday we are going to run a “TEST STREAM” to see everything works out ( www.thenewnet.eu/en/index.php?option=com...d=445&Itemid=296 ). If so, we will maybe switch from our Test Channel right after to our offical channel to have a casual stream, but that we will figure out during the test session. If you are interested to hang arround with us, then you are very welcome to meet us on TS2
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 1...5152535455565758