Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 betrachtet) (1) Gast
Go to bottomPage: 1...44454647484950...58
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER Vor 13 Jahren, 2 Monaten  
Yeah, when there is a bit of time to test again then we can give them another try for sure... Just move the titles again to the "to test" list, so we don't forget about them.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
Beitraege: 3255
graph
Benutzer Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER Vor 13 Jahren, 1 Monat  
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

Hey dudes, I thoroughly enjoyed having Jeliahz play some MAME with us on the last stream. Was really a lotta fun! Hope to see more of that kind of action again soon.

Atarix, after our interesting fights in Darkstalkers (and despite any anger management issues I may have had at the time :-P) I decided to add the rest of the arcade series to the Waiting List (along with a few other new games to test - see my latest post in NewNet Approved Arcade Games for the others):

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/nwarr
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/vsav
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
Beitraege: 462
graphgraph
Geschlecht: Maennlich NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Ort: Australia

Yes, it was interesting to have someone new on (the MAME) Board, we always can need some backup on there

Maybe we can meet this saturday again about 2 hours before of the stream to check some of the rom's that you added to the test list - I can't wait to see the version of Tetris that you added.

Ah btw. I downloaded and RE-tested epsxe with Jeliahz after you left again but... as always... out of sync - so far no way to change that.

PS: And reguarding you anger management... I am SORRY that I made you that angry, hehehehe ;-P
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Haha, I'm sorry, too...... no I'm not!

You know, maybe MAME can help solve the ePSXe problem and provide Jeliahz with some "proper" fighting games to play on the stream. Tekken 2 has been in the Approved List since ages ago. I also just added Tekken, Tekken 3, and Virtua Fighter to the Waiting List.

I can't help you guys test Tekken 3 though; that game is too much for my poor old PC in MAME; Jeliahz and you will have to try it out for yourselves. I think that the clone, Tekken 3 - TET2/VER.B, rom name - tekken3a, is supposed to work better than the parent so you can try that as well.

Please keep in mind that the emulation for all of the above games is imperfect in MAME but they're still playable, except, you guys can lemme know how Tekken 3 is as far as that goes.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Letzte Bearbeitung: 2011/03/29 08:58 von [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

I will test Tekken 3 on MAME as soon as Jeliahz has a bit of time to give it a try, it would be cool to get it to run somehow (because these desyncs just make me freaking out ^^)...

Reguarding Tekken 2 and Virtua Fighter... I know that the roms work so far because I tested them a while ago, but I am really not a big fan of these games

Rival Schools still doesn't work on MAME, right?
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Letzte Bearbeitung: 2011/03/29 14:11 von [NewNet]*Atarix.

forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=8551&page=1

I'll take care of that stuff when I have some time for it, although I still think I can get it running with a modified version of ePSXe, whatever...
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
Beitraege: 919
graphgraph
Geschlecht: Maennlich jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Ort: Germany Geburtstag: 04/16
Letzte Bearbeitung: 2011/03/29 16:30 von [NewNet]*Jeliahz.

Nice link, Jeliahz! I never bothered to try and get PSX plugins working properly in MAME32++0.119 before. I figured it out a little bit different to this guy's post:

forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?...viewfull=1#post73022

Instead, it's much easier to go to the Kaillera downloads page and get the folder package. Direct link:

www.kaillera.com/files/mameppk_folders-20070914.7z

The plugins folder is ready to go in there without all that fiddling around he wrote about.

To see a full list of games to which the plugins can be applied to, click on PSXGames in the left field of the MAME32++0.119 GUI. Then go right click on a suitable game>Properties>PSX Plugins>tick the check boxes for 3D Graphics and Sound>make any other plugin adjustments you want>Apply>OK.

OK, now that performance is improved for me thanks to the plugins, I can see some problems with the two main games, Rival Schools and Tekken 3.

1. Apart from some other minor audio problems, Rival Schools has a very bad endless sound glitch that occurs at the end of the first round. If you persist another endless sound glitch eventually occurs and performance starts to degrade, despite the plugin. I temporarily added it to the Waiting List anyway so that you guys can check it out too, if you want, but it'll most likely end up in the Failed List.

2. Even though it says it's running at 60 fps most of the time, the Tekken 3 clone still plays in slow motion. Weird! As I suspected, the parent feels like it runs even slower. I dunno, maybe it's still just my PC. Unless you guys can get normal performance on your stronger PCs, Tekken 3 will probably be another one for the Failed List.

I also tested out PSX plugins on NewNet Kaillera server 1 and it works, although you can't see any MAME options in this mode so you do need to make sure that the controls are configured how you like before applying the plugins. You can still exit the game normally, ('esc', then 'Y'), you just can't see it.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

That sounds very interesting, I really look forward for saturday to run another little test session :-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Me too. There's tons of cool stuff still left to test. One type of game that it would be cool to see if we could get working online is the arcade gun shooter. The two I've added so far are Point Blank and Zombie Raid. If they can work then there's plenty more where that came from.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Zombies are always fascinating ^^... Ok mates, I am going out now and try to be back as soon as possbile, I should be back arround 2 - 2,5 hours before of the streams start.

PS: Pete, remember, right now we have just 9 hours of difference
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

No worries mate, I'm keeping an eye on the countdown.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Hey guys,

I really enjoyed the Waku Waku gameplay on the stream today.

I, like you guys, am a big fighting game fan. Any chance you guys could play Street Fighter III (any version) on a stream.

It'd be also cool to see another type of side scrolling action game, Simpsons was on before and is great, Wild West Cowboys of Moo Mesa seemed cool the few times you've played it (I didn't like the TV series, but the game seemed fun).

Thanks guys for doin the stream each week. It's fun to hear the banter between Atarix and Neckshredder.

Hello and good morning :-D

@StevieH: Hey mate, thx very much for your nice comment, we could need some more of them ^^. Of course we can play Street Fighter III - I am sure that we can already include it on the next stream for you. Right now Pete and me try to convert "Jeliahz" slowly to become a mame addicted, too - and it looks like it works ^^ - so you can expect some more side scrollers to come up in general, especially 3P and 4P games.

@Neckshredder1: Thx a lot for beeing always 100% present at the show, without you I could actually knock over the project ^^. I liked our yesterdays stream very much, you had some great ideas for the games (especially the first one was ultra cool ^^).

Next week I would like to include a SFIII version for Stevie and two or three nice side scrollers for Jeliahz (they could be even 2P - so I could stream you and Jeliahz while being a bit with the viewers on the chat what is always nice, too) - do you have any good Ideas for some new stuff that we didn't showed so far?

@Jeliahz: Thx a lot for your presence yesterday, too - I hope that it will work out between you and pete to run some tests and to swap a big part of the games from the waiting- to the aprooved list
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Letzte Bearbeitung: 2011/04/03 10:16 von [NewNet]*Atarix.

Hey Stevie, thanks and don't forget, you can always join us for a chat in Teamspeak or even play with us on the stream if you want.

No worries Atarix, short of going on a hot date with beautiful girl I can't think of much else I'd rather be doing late on a Saturday night than hanging out with good mates and playing some video games.

As you know, 3rd Strike is already on our Approved List. With it's large roster and proper inclusion of Akuma, it's the best Street Fighter III version to use:

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/sfiii3

There are still plenty of cool side-scrollers that never got played on the stream yet. Here's just a small selection:

Armored Warriors - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/armwar
Asterix - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/asterix
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/dino
Crystal of Kings, The - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/crysking

These next ones need a proper go again. They're also approved but I think we mighta been playing them with Macross the first and only time and we somehow got desynced from his side and quickly moved on to other stuff:

Battle Circuit - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/batcir
Spider-Man: The Videogame - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/spidman

And Jeliahz also requested Turtles:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/tmnt

I think that's more than enough to go on with for now.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Hehehe, perfect would be to go out with a hot beatiful girl and to join the stream after that ;-D

Oh well, one comment from your side and the programme is already complete... You are the "Tiger" ^^. Maye we could give also another try to SVC Chaos at the beginning of the stream, too, that would be nice.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Haha... true that, and even better if she was a gamer girl, too!

That sounds cool then, man; a bit of SVC, a bit of 3rd Strike, plus any random requests or whatever else we feel like from the list. Should be fun!
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Ok, so will it be

(we became quite lazy durint the last months, hehehe)
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Alllllright ladies and gentleman, another stream is over - thx a lot for your participation! I am sorry to inform you that the file of the last stream was corrupted (after the hardware blackout during the ninja turtles part) but at least I could rescue my initial fight with BFP in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and so I made a little advert out of it.

Are there any wishes for our next stream? I would love to test some more puzzle games during the week with u, I just can´t get enough of them (even if Pete had his revenge yesterday in puzzle fighters ^^).
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I guess that was a fault from my side that caused the problem since I had an extra unknown instance of MAME running when we started Turtles. Sorry about that.

My main wish at the moment is optic fibers or x-ray cables for a true light speed connection. The delay we had in 3rd Strike and SVC rendered those games virtually unplayable. But yeah, there are still heaps of cool puzzlers to check out in MAME.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1...44454647484950...58