Sie sind nicht eingeloggt.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 betrachtet) (1) Gast
Go to bottomPage: 1...45464748495051...58
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER Vor 13 Jahren, 1 Monat  
Yeah thats true, we didn't had a instable connection like that since a few months... I just hope that they will connect in my city the optic fibers very soon, too (5 KM away from here they did it some weeks ago and I heared that it works very good) - even if you don't have them so far over there it could reduce the delay a bit anyway.

PS: I always learn very fast to compensate any delay in the fighting games, but i can't do that in anyway when we play puzzle games. 3rd Strike was really strong delayed, but SVC didn't felt that bad to me.

However, maybe we have some time to run some tests; for the next stream we just should pick the games where we don't feel the delay like MVC, RBB, SS4 etc.

I remember that your voice during SVC sounded quite "pissed off" - and if that happens because of the delay (and not because you got beaten ^^) then thats really not good, because then the transmission failed the goal.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
Beitraege: 3255
graph
Benutzer Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Atarix, it's interesting how opposite we are in those two genres. A bit of delay in puzzlers doesn't normally bother me, whereas in a 1v1 fighter it can boil my blood. I think it may be that we have opposite play styles in both genres.

In puzzlers you're very calculated, while I'm kinda carefree. Win or lose, delay or not, I don't mind; puzzlers are still fun for me to play either way.

In fighters though, I'd describe your style as aggressively casual (if that makes sense), while mine is more on the technically precise side. You don't train but still do quite well for yourself with a fairly spontaneous attack style. On the other hand, I go to great lengths to know every move and combo in the book (well, as much as my memory can handle on a given day) and then apply what I know in training.

Of course, you're correct, I got cranky. Very unprofessional of me and embarrassing it was, too, but the delay in SVC - even though it was less than 3rd Strike - was still enough to destroy my timing and even make some things impossible. Unlike you, I can't easily compensate for delay in fighters since I spend ages in real-time training. I was even experimenting with some finer points of the problem while we were playing SVC on the stream.

For example, whenever you did the jump kick to foot sweep 2 hit combo (which you do a lot, by the way), if I defended the jump kick with a standing block, the foot sweep would then be unavoidable because delay would always make my attempted shift to a crouching block come out too late. Same with countering. Punishing an air attack with a dragon punch should be completely natural for an experienced fighter, yet my most frequent reward for trying that idea was a kick in the head, thanks to the delay again. So, I can't defend it, can't counter it, can't have fun.

As usual mate, you read my mind anyway. Until Jeliahz can lay a direct optic fiber line between us, I was also gonna say that you and I should stick with the more or less "lag-free" fighting games. It might mean less variety while we figure out a list of the best games for us to use, but I'll be a much happier Neckshredder. Thanks for understanding.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
Beitraege: 462
graphgraph
Geschlecht: Maennlich NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Ort: Australia

Appreciate the difference... ; )
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
Beitraege: 919
graphgraph
Geschlecht: Maennlich jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Ort: Germany Geburtstag: 04/16

@Neckshredder1: I guess everybody has something where he or she is very good in doing it and where we are a bit proud of - and as soon as we get disturbed by something that we can't influence we can get very angry ^^. In your case you are great in doing ultra-long combos, in my case I love to handle very fast puzzle games like tetris in lvl. 40 - both of that isn't possible under unperfect circumstances.

However, so far we found already a big bundle of games that we both can play without big problems over this long distance - and I am very sure that we will find a lot of great games like this, too (and one day we will have a perfect ping between you and me, too - and then we can play everything ^^).

Do you remeber when we tested the first time to play AVP on MAME together? We had a damn big delay, but we where both happy like little kids that it worked - and with everytime that we stream MAME, we hold the idea behind of the initial project alive, too

For the coming streams we will run some more tests and sort out the games with a to big delay - even if this will break probably the "ATARIX - WINNING - SERIES" in a bad way ^^.

@Jeliahz: We are a "Community", with other words, we are the "NewNet Communists"... With other words again, we don't like differences! And that makes us becoming... Uhm... "Racists"?

... I think that somewhere is an error in that text... LOL
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

That's right Jeliahz, long live the difference. Meep!

Cheers Atarix, it's cool that we could sort it out in a sensible way.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Well... but we could sort it even out in a unsensible way ^^...

Coming soon: "Neckshredder1 VS. Atarix777" in a MONSTER FIGHT (Street Fighter Alpha 3, Samuray Showdown 4 & Darkstalkers) !!!

Six Matches by Game, the total wins decide the competition (we should be quite balanced in all three games and all of them normaly don't have any delay problems) ;-D

What do you think ?? ^^
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

That seems eminently sensible to me.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Hey guys!

I should be there tomorrow night, it's far too cold to be outside at night here. Frost-cold.

We had our wettest day in 50 years here about two days ago. Driving to and from work was very scary indeed.

So yeah if you can squeeze me in to the schedule for some Real Bout or something then I should definitely be there.

Cheers.

@Neckshredder1 - Ok then, muhahahha... :-D

@Flankdog - Hey Flanky, how is it going? Don't worry mate, if you are arround then we will find always a little place to squeeze you in and and to kick you in ur butt ^^
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Hey doods, nice stream today, just registered on this website

G'day Psi, nice to see you here on the forums. Do you have a headset? Would be great if you could get TeamSpeak setup and play some MAME with us on the stream soon (check the Entertainment tab for the TS tutorial).

Atarix, I dunno what got into you lately (vitamin D from all that fresh sunshine?!?) but the Monster Fight was maybe not the most sensible idea for me after all. It felt more like being the victim of a triple homicide! I could just be a sucker for punishment but I'm formulating a plan to avenge my brutal murder. It might go something like this; Kizuna Encounter, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Real Bout 2. Since it looks like we're going ahead with the Ninja Stream though, my death wish can wait a while.

So let's think on that. Here's an overview of some ninja games in MAME:

2P Ninja Games to Play Live

1. Ninja Masters - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/ninjamas

The only arcade 1v1 fighter with the word "ninja" in the title! There are some other 1v1 fighters with a ninja character here and there that offer the possibility of ninja matches (eg. Samurai Shodown) but Ninja Masters is the main 1v1 fighter that fits the concept. Might need to do a first player to 15 wins or something!

2. The rest are mostly side-scrollers and there are way too many to choose from. I'll try and narrow it down a bit:

Bad Dudes vs. Dragonninja - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/baddudes
Charlie Ninja - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/charlien
Mystic Warriors - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/mystwarr
Ninja Baseball Batman - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/nbbatman
Ninja Commando - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/ncommand
Shadow Force - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/shadfrce
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/tmnt (Turtles has been played on the stream before though, so maybe leave it out if you want a complete "never before seen on the stream" programme, Atarix)
The Ninja Kids - maws.mameworld.info/maws/romset/ninjak

Keep in mind, I haven't checked out all of those games in MAME 0.119 yet so we'll see how that goes.

Pre-Recorded or Console Play

Atarix, you told me that you would take care of Shinobi on Master System. What about Ninja Gaiden for the NES (aka Shadow Warriors in the PAL region)? Do you have that, too?

I will try and do vids of Revenge of Shinobi on MD, Ninja Warriors on SNES, and maybe one or two others, I'm not sure yet.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Letzte Bearbeitung: 2011/04/17 08:41 von [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

@Psi236: Hey mate, nice to see that you registered on our little website, too :-D

The next stream will something different then we do usually (and with a lot more preperation again after all this time of pure randomness ^^), so I hope that you will be arround again, too.

@Neckshredder1:
Yeah, Vitamin D, Taurin and Coffeein concentrated in a can of metal, hrhrhr...

@Everyone: I just wanted to let you know, that I met Necksrhedder1 today for a 2 Hour test session, reguarding his long list of new games to test, mentioned in his last post.

So far we are still planing on what we will show (beside one game everything worked out very good!!! ), but you can be sure the next stream will contain arround 95% of games, that we never showed on a stream before.

Everything will be "NINJA" related, so please expect some fake japanese Trashtalk, too
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

@Atarix I'm glad I did, it's all really well done, but then again I'd expect nothing less

@Neckshredder1 Hiya mate! Yeah I've got all that stuff, maybe we should sort something out on Skype and have a test, I'm not that bothered about talking much, I have quite a strong accent, I bet Atarix speaks clearer english than me, but I try Anyway, I'll look forward to what you come up with for next week.

Something else, I heard you guys talking about it, but I might be getting fibre-optic internet in the next few months, I think they have it on my street and it's only a few pounds more than what I'm currently paying.

@Psi236: Thx a lot for the compliment mate

Ah, btw, make sure to add me on Skype (Atarix777), too, so we can run some tests etc. when we have a bit of time

PS: I just called my Provider yesterday reguarding the fibre-optic... In my Street there are no cables and they will not open the streets so far agian... So for now... No HD transmission from the Atarix
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Letzte Bearbeitung: 2011/04/17 18:54 von [NewNet]*Atarix.

It will probably happen in time, that's what I'm saying, but I've not seen any significant problems as it is, so whatever.

well u know... I just try to make it technically better when ever I can

But u are right, for now it works quite ok for the most of time...
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER Vor 13 Jahren  
@Neckshredder1 We need to have a game of Vampire Saviour some time.

Hi Psi! Nice to have you on the forums mate.

Thanks for hosting another great stream guys, had some mad fun there. Looks like the weather will be no better this weekend so I should be there again (even if the weather is good I will probably still be there because of the ninja factor).

Cheers!

Hehehe, the "Ninja" Factor - "NOW, LIVE ON NEWNET HQ"

I still need to get some candles and a black balaclava - yesterday I went already with tabi and some friends to have dinner in a japanese/chinese restaurant to come into the right mood ^^...

*Everybody was Kung-Fuuuuu-Fightiiiing*
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 1...45464748495051...58