You are not logged in.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...45678910...58
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
21st Live Stream @ 05-02-2010 (CLOSED!) 14 Years ago  
Hello guys, our 21st stream is over and it is time again for your

1.) Feedback about this stream (05-02-10)

...and your...

2.) Ideas for the next stream (05-09-10) !

[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Location: Germany Birthday: 04/16
Last Edit: 2010/05/09 19:32 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 21st Live Stream @ 05-02-2010 14 Years ago  
Good morning

Technically it was quite good and I personally had a lot of fun (its great to work with the 2nd camcorder) - but maybe I/We exaggerated to concentrate just on one game; at least I came to that conclusion, when I asked to some of you guys because personally I could play (S)SF4 10 hours in a row without annoying myself, so I am not really objective in this point of view ^^.

However, I think we are on the right way (it was very cool to have a 2nd Co-host connected via webcam and I would love to do that more often!) - and all we can do now is, to hope that I will get my table and all the cables that I ordered before of the upcoming Sunday - because I have a lot of plans to include everyone of the team as good as possible.

Oh, btw... "Team"... When I told yesterday, that I would love to have a bit less of "confusion" during the streams (as we did last week), i didn't meant to scare you away into other channels; so I hope you didn't got me in a wrong way in that point (if so, then I apologize really for that!). The only thing, that we all have to watch out, is the little "delay" that we have on the Voiceserver - so its very important to find the right moment to start to talk during a conversation.

My questions for you:

1.) Who of the newnet members owns (beside Steve) a webcam and would be interested to make the co-host from time to time on the stream (even just for a short time period) using skype?

2.) Jayy, could you get your equipment ready for the next weeks stream? I think from now on I will need you every week for the music; the last 2 streams I realized, that is much better when you are doing this job (and I cant play no more without Brittany ^^)!

3.) Bufferkid, I guess we do not need an article for this week, right ^^? However, Instead of this I would love to make a short video with you for the "Gamezone-report", we also need to talk about the report in general I guess (do you have time on Wednesday?)

4.) We had a lot of ppl. that would like to help us out with some advertisements on their youtube channels, so I guess that could be a work for Arcade. We would need another little trailer (with general information's) that we offer for download, do you have an idea for that?

5.) Jeliahz, did you had a moment to take a look already on the Moha server ^^?
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I thought the stream went well, but was a little bit boring because we normally change the games around so we all can participate and make it fun for the viewers. I know myself and Nemesis was looking forward to challenging Atarix on Tatsunoko vs Capcom and maybe try Street Fighter IV on the 360.

Atarix if Jayy is not available to play music for the stream, I would be able to if needed. I would need some footage etc to help with making the advert for those who want to help and put the video on there channels and putting some footage on as data on dvds, if that's help would be good, also any required information needed in the video, just make a text file of what you want it to say etc and send to me in skype.

Also have we had many new member join the forum and leave us feedback.

Dear Memebers, I was talking a moment ago to our Image designer „Neckshredder1“ on skype about our upcoming live streams (because I also wanted to hear his point of view as I did yesterday with some of you guys in Teamspeak already) as a “watcher”; and after I got a lot of opinions from your sides, I think I would have an Idea for the regular “program” that should make it nice for all of us in the same way (correct me, if I am wrong ^^)…

We all know that gamers can be very different, one likes shooters, the other one rpg’s, the 3rd one this and the 4th one that – and we as a growing community try to bring them all together.

To make our program interesting for everybody we will need to offer a lot of various things (maybe not as steve and me did yesterday ^^) and as we mentioned, the PC and Console Stream will become one as soon as possible (maybe already unitl this Sunday!). During a 3 hour stream we should come up with 3 to 6 different games; Imo we have here mainly 2 possiblities.

A.) To change between PC, Console, PC, Console
B.) To run two games simultanously (that would be like having 2 moderators, 1 for the console game, 1 for the PC game), switching between them (example: 20 minutes, 20 minutes, 20 minutes…)

Another nice thing (we mentioned it already) would be to have sometimes some short interviews with gamers, or to have some co-moderators via webcam, as I did yesterday with steve. (The material could be live or prerecorded.)

Beside that I thought that it would be nice to present the “retro game of the week”, I could for example set up one specific console and show a old game for 10-20 minutes while we all hang in Teamspeak and talk with our viewers about it (as I do sometimes on my youtube channel).

Also cool would be to have a “preview” of the week, while we show some pictures or trailers of a new game/console/PC and talk about it (that could be a also nice job for a co-moderator who connect him self to me via webcam).

To give to all of that structure a nice picture, it would be aweseome if we could prepare some different static trailers (for example: Coming up next, the newnet retro corner bla bla bla) that I could always play before we come up with the next chapter of the stream.

What do you think?

@Arcade - yeah, that sounds like a good Idea, the music in the background should become a fixed part of the stream!

PS: I asked various of times during the stream if we should change the game, but nobody answered to me (not on TS, not on the Chat) and so I didn't do nothing. I guess that happend, because you guy's got it wrong when I told, that we need a bit more silence during the stream - but hey, next time we will do it better ^^.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/05/03 14:08 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

[NewNet]*Atarix wrote:
Good morning

Technically it was quite good and I personally had a lot of fun (its great to work with the 2nd camcorder) - but maybe I/We exaggerated to concentrate just on one game; at least I came to that conclusion, when I asked to some of you guys because personally I could play (S)SF4 10 hours in a row without annoying myself, so I am not really objective in this point of view ^^.

Here's my thoughts about that. I looked upon it as a kind of "Special Stream" for SSF4. It's a very significant release and is generating a lot of excitement amongst gamers right now so it thoroughly deserved having an entire stream devoted to it. You asked a few times if any visitors wanted to see a different game and as I recall no one in the chat made any serious requests or complaints. As a viewer I also felt the same way and was glad the whole time to watch this great new game being played in depth.

Seeing as it turned out like this anyway then the video summary should emphasize that the stream was dedicated entirely to SSF4. This in turn demonstrates a commitment to going that extra mile for such a major release. Normal variety type streaming can happen any week. This was more like a an event to celebrate the mighty Capcom's awesome new game!
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Gender: Male NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Location: Australia
Last Edit: 2010/05/03 14:39 By [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

[NewNet]*Atarix wrote:
Beside that I thought that it would be nice to present the “retro game of the week”, I could for example set up one specific console and show a old game for 10-20 minutes while we all hang in Teamspeak and talk with our viewers about it (as I do sometimes on my youtube channel).

Also cool would be to have a “preview” of the week, while we show some pictures or trailers of a new game/console/PC and talk about it (that could be a also nice job for a co-moderator who connect him self to me via webcam).

Yes, having some regular brief segments for both retro and upcoming games could be a great way to add more depth to the stream. Make it more like a river hehe. ; )

With retro games, most sensible viewers would have enough respect for the past to appreciate how the gaming world of today was built. It might even show the younglings some great classics they never heard of before while the older guys can enjoy some nostalgia. Put that together with previews of hot new upcoming games and the latest games being played now and you have the possibility for wider appeal.

Not sure how you'd wanna decide which retro games to play. Maybe you could make a list of retro games available for request in the week leading up to the stream. Or you could create some chaos by showing some of your SNES, Mega Drive, etc. collections and have live requests from chatters. Or if you and Luca are gonna play some 2 player retro you might just decide on the spur of the moment.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/04 05:41 By [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

Re:21st Live Stream @ 05-02-2010 14 Years ago  
I think Atarix mentioned some nice ideas, I especially like the one with the 'retro-corner'. For the consolidated (PC & console) live stream I would say that we either play PC and console simultaneously (I could take care of the PC part while Atarix is taking care of the console part) or we are switching over to the other system at ca. the middle of the show. I wouldn't make more as 1 switch/change per show usually...

@Atarix:
No, I haven't done yet and I gotta get the game before. What exactly are you referring to with 'MoHA', I guess you are talking about 'Medal of Honor: Airborne' and not 'Medal of Honor: Allied Assault', right?

P.S.: I hope you'll get your stuff until our next live stream, Atarix! ; )
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
Gender: Male jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Location: Germany Birthday: 04/16

I think this past Sunday's stream was a good test for the new equipment and new ideals. It's a great ideal to have a co-host via webcam with you during the show on Skype. Just let me know when you would like to do the interview for NewNet Gamezone Report and what day you will be available. Myself and Nemesis were in the Chillout Lounge on TS playing Super Street Fighter IV for the 360 and did not know about the game switch vote during the stream. I also like the ideal of the Retro Game Corner for the stream. I think we should do some test streams with different people to see how Skype works with each person.

The Idea with the "Skypetest" is very good - who would like to join me during the next streams?

PS: Tonight I will start to bring my setup into the new room, HRHRHR :-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

22nd Live Stream @ 05-09-2010 (CLOSED!) 13 Years, 12 Months ago  
22nd Live Stream Summary

[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/06/13 13:11 By [NewNet]*BackForwardPunch.

Re:22nd Live Stream @ 09-02-2010 13 Years, 12 Months ago  
For this broadcast it was crazy i like it and I'm hype I won even thou i got 3rd place lol.

For the next Broadcast may i suggest Super Smash bros brawl?

Great as usual! If theres gonna be a little retro gameplay make sure to do a platformer! Looking forward to beating Atarix again soon!
[NewNet]*BackForwardPunch
Sonic Boom!
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: United States, New York Birthday: 06/27
Go home and be a family man!

That was a very nice show with a lot of good of variety. Personally, I was really excited to see a tournament take place for my Mario Kart medal design. 10 racers, WOW! Glad I stayed up for that one and congratulations to Chaostech for winning.

I was wondering if you guys had thought about adding Capcom's epic Monster Hunter Tri to the list of Wii games. It's the hottest new game for the Wii right now and apparently the online is really good. It would be cool to see you guys ganging up and bashing the heck out of some gigantic beasts!

Here's a trailer for this beautiful game.

[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/10 09:08 By [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

@Chaostech - well, at the end you did the first place, and that is what counts ^^ (and when you will see the video, captured out of my point of view on youtube, you will see, how much luck you had in the last moment ^^).

PS: We tried already "Super Smash bros brawl" but it was a bit to "casual" for the stream; also because of the zooming it doesn't look that good and become very pixeled on the viewers side.

@Backforwardpunch - Grrrrr, this time the victory is yours, but next week I will have my revenge ^^...

@Neck - I still didn't tried monsterhunter, did you played it already by your self?
PS: Yeah, the mario kart medals are just looking great :-D

@Arcade/Jayy/Jeliahz - I think I found out how to resolve the problem with the sound issues! I still do have a sperated soundcard output left, that I will use from now on just for skype and winamp. This soundcard not that sensible and can help to regulate ups and downs quite fast - but it would be still important to find a way to use winamp to connect to the server (also because of its included equilizer).

@General - I have to tell, that I had a lot of fun on the yesterdays stream. At the end we had even to stream 30 minutes longer because our Program was very full (even to much ^^); I think that the PC / Console mix adds a real great variety to the whole stream and in the near future it will be even hard to decide, what we will play during the transmission ^^.

I hope to get soon the rest of the cables that I ordered, too - then i can set up a show within 10 minutes of preperation

PS: What do you think about the idea of casual tournaments for the medals as I did it yesterday? In this way we will not have just ppl. coming for the tournaments, but we will offer them just to our "real" viewers... :-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Update: I added the summary video to the first post
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I just picked up Monster Hunter today! I got the classic controller pro bundle with free Wii Speak. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

I have that "Wii speak", too... We need to check it out, as soon as your Wii will be online
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:22nd Live Stream @ 09-02-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
I have just posted the article, sorry about it being late this week. I have tried something new with adding a post game interview in to the article and coming up with some new ideals. I have also congratulated the winner and look forward to talking to him on NewNet Gamezone Report and hearing his thoughts on winning the medal. I have been play both Ghostbusters The Video Game and the Halo Reach Multi-Player on the 360. Both game are very good and make good use of Hi-Def. Congrats to MugenTech, you earned the medal by defeating the silent assassin know as [NewNet]*Arcade. I look forward to this Sunday's stream and very pleased on how well combing both PC and Console Games in one show.

Re:22nd Live Stream @ 09-02-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Your articles get better and more entertaining with every time, you just could find maybe the next time something else then always telling "Now we move to", but for the rest it improved a lot

PS: I look forward to play my rematches against Mark and Steve, I want to crush them this week ;-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

23rd Live Stream @ 05-16-2010 (CLOSED!) 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hello guys, our 23rd stream is over and it is time again for your

1.) Feedback about this stream (05-16-10)

...and your...

2.) Ideas for the next stream (05-23-10) !
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/05/23 19:00 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.

Go to topPage: 1...45678910...58