You are not logged in.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...567891011...58
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
Re: 23rd Live Stream @ 05-16-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Yesterday we had a little discussion after the stream about our program...I think its time to check out some new games and to get concentrated on the streams form and substance, now that we are finally technically at the top of what we can offer (at least for now ^^) on our little private show.

Beside of 2 missing cables and another tripod I do have everything. I think I will try to find a better way to do not switch always my position between the consoles and the PC, but then everything should be fine.

Program:

I think it could be like this

1.) 60 min - checking out a quite new game on the marked (single/multi player); talking about its aspects and what ever, showing the game incl. menu and so on
2.) 35 min - Playing a console multiplayer game (voted by the ppl.?)
3.) 15 min - "talking about a retro game and showing some gameplay"
4.) 35 min - Playing a PC multiplayer game (voted by the ppl.?)
5.) 10 minutes "talking live about a upcoming game (just camcorder) and what we think about it - a co host via webcam would be cool for that, too)"

(We stream about 3 hours, the rest of time is for unplanned situations like technical issues)

The program of the stream should be clear already 2 days before of the stream, so bufferkid can prepare his video.

Any Ideas from you side for this week?
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:23rd Live Stream @ 05-16-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
I thought that the live went well, it didn't feel all over the place like in some previous streams, I like the idea of adding a schedule to the show and the way Atarix has suggested seems pretty good, as for the new games we would need to get everyone in the newnet team informed on what sort of game it is and what modes are available and the story if necessary about the game so we kinda are all on the same page, when talking about the games.

Play and talking about a retro game is a good thing we could do and or maybe play some of the worst games and give the newnet opinion of it.

I think letting the people in the chat pick which game they want us to play and for them to play with us has been working quite well and perhaps only one point I would suggest is what game or games we could play just to change it up a bit each week, kinda like having certain games each week and only have the games we are not going to as backups for that week, then change it for the next and so on.

Also it would cool to get a special guest on, just for like ten minutes on a Skype call or webcam and if they want to stay around then that would be cool, this way who ever it is doesn't have to give up a lot of their time, we would need to get a video out well before the stream saying who would be on etc.

I agree on that Idea with the limited vote and also the 10 minute interview could be a cool idea (we could also interview less known gamers with nice youtube channels or websites as well); that would be a cool idea to make the program even more interesting.

Ok, I see that we start to get a clear direction - for the vote I would tell, that we use our website instead of counting voices on the chat. Its quite simple to set up a vote and post the link to the chat or we could also use the vote option on BlogTV (I will take a look on that).
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

An hour for a new game might be OK, I guess it all depends on the game. On the SSF4 stream that game got played for a long time and none of the viewers were complaining. I don't suppose there's gonna be a hot new game out every single week so on off weeks you could divide that time between PC / console gaming or devote a bit more time to retro.

Arcade's "worst games" idea could be fun. Anyone got a copy of Shaq Fu?
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Gender: Male NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Location: Australia

Yer, I think that it went well, an interview with a co host may be good. I like how it is the moment to be honest, I personally do not like street fighter, but it is an opinion thing I guess. More counterstrike, as that is the only game I have that you play lol, unless you get team fortress 2.

dan

24th Live Stream @ 05-23-2010 (CLOSED!) 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hello guys, our 24th stream is over and it is time again for your

1.) Feedback about this stream (05-23-10)

...and your...

2.) Ideas for the next stream (05-29-10) !
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
Gender: Male jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Location: Germany Birthday: 04/16
Last Edit: 2010/05/30 01:28 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.

Re:24th Live Stream @ 05-23-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
I thought it went very well. Shame we didnt have a interviewee, but other than that i can't think of any changes

That was a really cool stream, guys! The new format encompasses the past, present and future of gaming. It made for a lot of good variety in the program and it was great to see so much new content. Very professional!

The nice thing about the retro and future gaming sections is that there is an almost unlimited wealth of resources to draw upon so that will never get old. Here are a few quick suggestions for next time:

Retro -

• Pacman (Arcade): now in it's 30th anniversary.

• Sonic 2 (Genesis / Mega Drive): Sega's best-selling game from their top franchise.

• Future -

• Metroid Other M (Wii): Team Ninja + Nintendo = pure awesomeness.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

I like the new Format, too - I was just a bit disappointed that we didn't cracked the 30 Viewers mark and that we lost a lot of viewers during the part of the "Retro-corner" - I have to admit that really didn't expected that (also because it was just for 15 minutes).

However, we really did our best and brought the show up to a new level - now its on us to work it slowly out and to find some ways, to make it more interesting to our viewers.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Yeah, that show was definitely worth more than 30 viewers, way more. It's too early to tell if people wandered off just because of the retro corner or if it was just a coincidence. Give it a chance for a few more streams and see how it goes.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Of course I will do that, if they can't appreciate a C64, then they are not worth to call them self "gamers" :-P
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Overall I thought this stream was one of our best streams. I liked the new way that you set up by planning it out in advance. I've talked to Dinky Dana on Facebook and let him know about the Special Stream this Saturday afternoon. It was also great to get to play Team Fortress 2 this week and see some gameplay from God of War 3. The Retro Corner was also good but it was sad that some people left. If they can't appreciate the older games that we grew up playing, they should not be collecting them or call themselves gamers. I look forward to seeing what games you have planned for this week Atarix and will film the preview video the minute you give me the list.

I got the following message on youtube:

"I liked the change up in the Live Stream. I enjoyed you showing older games, but i imagine most people come to the stream to play online with you. Though i watch stream to play with fellow gamers too. Thanks for reading and Great Work on your videos and stream."

However, I am still not sure if they left because of the retro corner, but I will try to include as most of games as possible where the ppl. can participate. At the end, SSF4 was as always requested (there we got btw a lot of viewers back!) and also CSS went very well, so I think we should try to include at least these two games for now in every stream and see what will happen.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/05/26 09:27 By [NewNet]*Atarix.

Yeah, I would agree with that Atarix, but which got more participants, css or tf2? I think that Tf2 i a great game to both play and watch. Maybe a rota of the two games, I don't know...

I agree with you guys the new platform work very well and I think the retro corner was just one off and should be more popular in the future, also now that we have the shoutcast working we can add a bit more life to games we play and now Atarix can have his Britney playing when he needs it lol, I hope we can find someone who would like to be interviewed and have them on the live stream, also can we remember to interview the guys who have won the medals for the NewNet report, if we are still going to do it.

We will start as soon as possible to work with the new website, because then we can find something like a unique style/design for both of it and I do finally not need no more to explain to every gamer what we are up with ;-D

After that we will write together an invite that we will send out to all the gamers out there, asking for some interviews (explaining what we are coming up with and showing them already some results!).

PS: I think about to change from blogTV to another Provider that offers the possibility to embed the stream on our own website (if we can't find a way to do it with blogTV), is there something better then Ustream? I like the quality of BlogTV (also that it works perfect with the adobe media encoder) but it seems like they start to exaggerate with the advertisements.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

25th Live Stream @ 05-30-2010 (CLOSED!) 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Hello guys, our 25th stream is over and it is time again for your

1.) Feedback about this stream (05-30-10)

...and your...

2.) Ideas for the next stream (06-06-10) !
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
Gender: Male jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Location: Germany Birthday: 04/16
Last Edit: 2010/06/06 19:58 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.

Re:25th Live Stream @ 05-30-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
FEAR Combat, if it's still available is fun for multiplayer and free to play.

I only stayed in the stream until about half way into team fortress 2 (i went to bed lol, shame I didnt have a chance to win the css medal), but the bits i stayed for I thought were great. I personally believe that Team fortress 2 should be a part of every stream, as it is fun to play and watch. The retro corner seemed to go well, we were at 37 viewers at one point during it and 26 viewsers at another, so it varies. You may disagree with me , but I think that people are more interested in the retro consoles than the games. Everyone was taking about the console when you were displaying it, but when the game was playing, people were talking about other things. I wasn't there for the rest of the stream so I don't know how it went. Look forward to the next stream.

dnaylorator
Dan

This was the first live stream I ever participated in and I really enjoyed myself Had a ton of fun yesterday playing with all you guys. Dante's Inferno looks soo good (I'll have to pick it up), I always brushed it off as a GOW clone but now I know. It was my first time playing that CS:Source mod with the auto spawn and weapon upgrades. At first I was lost as hell but eventually got the hang of it. My only complaint is that the first map felt so damn small and confining. TF2 was great though I didn't realize that section of the stream was over until I heard the faint sounds of BlazBlue in the background lol. I'm sure I'm not the only one either, there were about 4 or 5 other people still playing on the server at the time. Blaz was good, I need to pick that up this week. SSF4 was a lot of fun, I'm still trying to learn Makoto though Don't have DOD:Source but it looks like fun, used to play the original back in the day.

That retro section with the TG16 Duo was amazing, that's just another system that I never looked into. I was surprised by not only the visuals of the system but also the games available for it. I'm looking forward to some more retro love in the next stream.

Go to topPage: 1...567891011...58