You are not logged in.

S5 Box

THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1...78910111213...58
TOPIC: THE "LIVE STREAM" GOSSIP-CORNER
Re:Live Stream Gossip-corner 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
I sent a private message to Atarix on Youtube in regards to the technical issues that came up during the live stream yesterday (June 20th 2010) and he mentioned maybe posting it here.

Atarix,

Just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't worry about the technical issues that came up during the live stream.

Like I said in the chat, things happen, and they are usually out of anyone's control.

I, for one, appreciate all the time and effort you and the other newnet team members put into the stream each week. It's easy to take things for granted, when they do work as well as they normally do.

Anyway, thanks for everything you do each week, and I look forward to the next one.

Thanks again,
Drew.

Mainly I just wanted to say thank you to all those involved in running the stream, and even those that stop by just to chat - it takes everyone - and a completely technical-issue-free environment for the weekly stream to happen, and sometimes it just doesn't.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thank you Stinger2578 for your support and let me say that we really appreciate your understanding and your constructive words... : )
[NewNet]*Jeliahz
ôÔ
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male jeliahz NewNet  ~ Multi-Gaming-Community Location: Germany Birthday: 04/16

I'd definitely enjoy some Aliens Versus Predator action. I'm talking about the original 1999 PC classic and the great 2001 follow up, Aliens Versus Predator 2, that Jeliahz already mentioned.

A quick game of StarCraft on a small map would be cool for more RTS. For retro I'd still like to see some Neo Geo action occasionally.

Despite the technical difficulties on the last stream it was still a really interesting program.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Gender: Male NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Location: Australia

@Stinger2578 - I thank you really very much for this motivating words, we would need some more of these on here from time to time ^^

Its really not easy to create a running little nice program and to stream it world wide. Not just the technically works that we have to handle make it hard from time to time, but also the fact, that the team lives on 3 different continents, that we r' using different languages, that we come from different cultures or that one goes to work when the other one comes back, doesn't make it easy, too...

However, we will go on and try to make it better and better as long as we are able - and as more support we will get, as easier this project will become to handle for all of us ;-D

@Neckshredder1 - I never played this Alien VS. Predator, could you post some more informations about it? Do you have "StarCraft" and are you able to play in the Battlenet (or someone else)? I do have the game, too
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Live Stream 06-27-2010 / 07-04-2010 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
The Program for Sunday (27th June 2010) is ready to go;

1.) Uncharted 2
2.) Discussion about EA's Onlinepass & Ubisoft's Onlinebondage
3.) Retro Corner: Jumping Jack'Son (Amiga 500)
4.) F.E.A.R. Combat (You can get this game for free!)
5.) Star Craft I (the 2nd part will come out next month!)
6.) Fatal Fury Special (Mame)

Please give us your ideals for the Live Stream that will air on Sunday July 4th, 2010
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
Last Edit: 2010/06/23 20:44 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.

F.E.A.R Combat

With this multiplayer game you don't need to own the original game as the uses it's own CD Key. To get the game just go to

www.fearcombat.org/

Installation Guide:
Click Get the required F.E.A.R. Combat CD-Key enter you DOB and select your country and fill in your details and you will be sent a CD-Key that you will need on the installation.

Click Get the required F.E.A.R. Combat Game Files and then the blue download arrow, you will need around 1.8GB for the download and another 4GB for the installation.

Install the game like any other and enjoy!

(You will also need to download the fearcombat update v1.07-v1.08 to allow for higher screen resolutions and Important! It is recommended that you are over 18 to play this game)
Last Edit: 2010/06/24 00:02 By .

@Mame, thx for your addition. What about the "Golden Eye" mod that we would like to check out next week? Do you have already any informations about it for us?
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

It's a shame for me with the time differences, but I'll do my best to tune in this week.

I've never played those ones in particular either, Atarix, which is one reason why I'd like to see them on the stream. And I love the characters as you can tell from my YouTube channel. Here's some info about the highly rated Aliens Versus Predator PC games that Jeliahz and I were talking about:

Aliens Versus Predator
www.gamefaqs.com/pc/196582-aliens-versus-predator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_%28video_game%29

Aliens Versus Predator 2
www.gamefaqs.com/pc/339961-aliens-versus-predator-2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_2

I do have StarCraft and Brood War but I've never played them online. We could noob out together though!

I noticed in the program that you put Fatal Fury Special (FFS). I think you mean Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (or Real Bout Special, RBS), right? It might be confusing because FFS is an earlier game in the series than RBS.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Re:Live Stream Gossip-corner 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
@Flankdog - it realy is... Somehow its already a real wonder, that we all meet on TS somehow from time to time ;-D

@Neck - I do not know if these games are avaiable on Steam or not (right now I do not have them and I am without of any extra money in these months as u know), but we will def. hold them on our List.

About the rest (we were talking already on TS about it) - we could still change to FFS for tonight ^^ - or well, we could also change the programm in the last minute (2 Specias in one series suck ^^).

PS: Starcraft we will handle as we did in our test during this week, that was working out very good!
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

I'd still prefer to play RBS. If anyone gets confused we can just explain there was a slight mixup.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

Great stream guys! Watched the whole thing and had a lot of fun.
Last Edit: 2010/06/27 20:00 By .

Goldeneye Source

GoldenEye: Source is a total conversion modification of Half-Life 2. It is a fan made artistic recreation, released for free

Installation guide:
1. first check that you have one of these source sdk List Of Valve Games games
2. next login into steam and install Source SDK Base found in the Tools menu, logout and close steam fully (Make sure you completely close the program and not just minimize it onto the taskbar! Use taskmanager if needed)
3. Download Goldeneye Source and Unzip gesource folder to your Steam sourcemods directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods
4. Restart Steam when the installation is complete and Goldeneye: Source should appear under your games menu.
5. play and enjoy!

If you have any problems feel free to send me a message.
Last Edit: 2010/06/27 22:49 By .

Thx a lot for that informations Arcade, I'll try that as soon as possible to announce it on Wednesday in the coming news.

What do we have for now for the next stream?

1.) ?
2.) ?
3.) Retro Corner: North & South (Amiga 500)
4.) GoldenEye: Source
5.) ?
6.) ? (MAME)

As you see we still need the:

"Game of the Week (1)",
"Discussion of the Week (2),
"FREE DECISION (5)" and
"Mame game of the week (6).

Personally I think we could def. go more into the retro-direction, going down from 6 to 5 points, leaving a bit more time for MAME. What do you think?

-> As "Discussion" of the Week i would like to suggest: "Retro VS. Present (games & movies)"

-> Game of the Week: "Heavy Rain" (I am sorry, but I can't effort new games right now because my wife is without of work and I need to pay our bills, that means that I can't buy Alien vs. Predator for now)

-> Points 5 & 6 I would use to explain to the ppl. how to download and install MAME (using our Article as base), the game of the week could be for example a great fighting game like "Mark of the Wolves", "Capcom VS. SNK" or "Capcom vs. X-men" (...) that we could play together with our viewers.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Ohhh, and another point... I thank everybody for the great support of yesterday - especially to "Chicken Black heart" for his great Idea of the bet, because that was funny as hell and it was the first time, that i re watched a recording of our stream more then 3 times in a row ^^!

Just GREAT!
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

MAME Info

The only MAME playable Capcom vs SNK game for now is SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS, (SNK Playmore, 2003). There are still some other very cool games in the Vs. Series that are also MAME playable.

X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (Euro 961004), (Capcom, 1996)
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (Euro 970625), (Capcom, 1997)
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Euro 980123), (Capcom, 1998)

Although not part of the Vs. Series, Marvel Super Heroes (Euro 951024), (Capcom, 1995) did lay the foundations for the graphical style that followed. Capcom created this game in honour of comic book legend, Jack Kirby, who died the year before.

-

I made a small but important edit to the P2P tutorial to make sure that we are all using the same setup and to keep it more newb-friendly. I removed the first link (MAME with Open Kaillera already installed) and left the other two there. While it might seem more logical to do the opposite, many people that already play online MAME 119 will only need to swap over the .dll instead of downloading/installing a whole other MAME.

I want to reiterate another point I made in the P2P tutorial. Apart from MAME, Flankdog and I have also used the P2P method to play SNES and N64 online. N64 games can be a bit jumpy sometimes because the Project64 emulator itself is not quite perfect yet. SNES games run fine though. But wait, there's more! Check out this list:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaillera#Emulators_with_Kaillera_support

The possibilities are endless...

Another possibility would be to setup a NewNet Kaillera server. The main reason for that would be for playing games with more than 2 players (P2P is obviously for 2 players only) or so Atarix could spectate and stream a tournament or something. I have no idea how to setup a Kaillera server but I can help get the info that's needed for the guys with the proper skills.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/06/28 15:46 By [NewNet]*Neckshredder1.

Yesterday stream was honestly pretty crazy.Beside the ass beating i had gotten by Atarix,there were other good things that were happening.Which made me think we need to have more stuff like the bets for one,but also some good stuff that would keep people intrest in full of the stream.

The Retro Corner possibly needs to be prerecorded with a 5-10 min video explaning the game of the goods,bads,and ugly to let folks know what the game measure up too,and have a rating at the end of if its worth the time and investment.

On another note,we need a nice list of fighting games we can get into like master shredder suggested.Theres alot of good mame games or even fighting games on other emulators/systems that use killera also like Mortal Kombat,Street Fighter,Killer Instinct,Jackie Chan Martial Arts,Time Killers & more that comes with the punches.

But not being limited to fighting games,theres also a hell of alot more of 2-4 player games that could be commenced upon.Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,X-Men,Captain America,The Simpsons,Spiderman The Arcade.

If we were to go to Retro games,then we need to format a list up of all games even if they were underrated,because you never know,someone might not know about a certain title,and they may grow to like it as they play or watch us play the game.

Evenmore when you think about it,start bringing sports into the mix,Like NBA Jam or NFL Blitz,and shit like Madden when quaters could be 2 mins per round and such.

If that all comes about then i'm pretty sure we'd be bringing retro to the new generation of gamers.

I see that we all want to go more into the direction "Retro" and i suggest that we will build up our stream-program about 50% - 50% to see, what our viewers like, too.

I still wait for any other suggestions for the upcoming stream of the coming sunday because tonight i will need to do our videonews. If I do not get any other suggestions, I will use my own suggestion (again), so please use ur chance if you still want to add something.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Jayy tells me that I may be mistaken about Project64 and that it's more likely that my old PC is just on the borderline of being able to run P64 properly. Jayy says it runs smooth on his rig although he has yet to try it online. The part that makes me think the emulation is not perfected yet is Options>Configure Audio Plugin>Sync game to Audio checkbox. The only reason to have that option is too choose between having some sound skipping but with full FPS, or vice versa.

Anyways, there's still a lot of classic online fun available with P64k and Open Kaillera or Kaillera server play... Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye Death Match, and so on. We just need to do some tests to see if it's good enough for the stream.
[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph

STREAM - 4 July 2010 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
I still need to find the right balance to organize all our events to loose as less of time as possible (damn work^^) - but if we could run the tests always 7 (or more) days before of the stream that we planed to show/play the games, then:

1.) ...we could check If everything works well
2.) ...i could capture the content already straight away for youtube during the test, too (to create an 3-screen-advertisement video for the stream and our youtube channels)

That would be great, because then we could work without any pressure of time regarding the stream and I would not loose any time while collecting some new content for my youtube channel (because in this way my viewers would see finally some new stuff and not just newnet exclusive videos, because lately I can just handle one or another thing).

What would help me a lot is, when for example jayy and Pete could (Arcade did in this case a great job, too) check always together some roms for Mame 32, getting everything to work and to send me all the stuff that i will need via download, before we run the final tests on my system (while I will do a video for youtube, too) at least one week before of the stream.

I like your ideas to include also sportgames and whatever you want, and I am sure that you will pick out a nice collection of some great hits that we can use (and like this i will not need to decide all that by my own, too - what will make us much more flexible).

Oh, btw. I love how it worked the last time with the prerecorded content - we should do that for all the singleplayer games, while we switch always between a live and a prerecorded part.

Ok, so... I would run the next 2-3 rom tests for the stream of 11th july already this saturday 3rd or sunday 4th june. Pete, Jayy, could you prepare something in the next 2-3 days?
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 1...78910111213...58