S5 Box

Killer Instinct
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
Killer Instinct

Rare, 1994, Fighter / Versus

Killer Instinct is truly a one-of-a-kind fighting game. As far as graphics and sound go, it's probably the sharpest of its time for this genre. The amount of effort that has gone into the artwork and design of this game is truly breathtaking. The music in this game is phenomenal and suits the diverse stages perfectly.

The controls are superb and complement the unique fighting system which, apart from the standard fireballs and finishing moves that you see in other fighting games, also contains very long combos, bizarre special moves and so much more.

It takes little effort at all to pull off a spectacular-looking 10+ hit combo, however these combos can be broken by well-timed 'combo breakers', so you don't want to be overusing them (your fighting style will become too predictable and easily countered).

As you commonly see in this type of game in single-player mode, you fight your way through all the playable characters and come to the end boss. The end boss in this game, Eyedol, literally frightens the hell out of me. He is a true monster and incredibly intimidating. You really have to verse him yourself to understand just how scary he is and if you don't have a strategy for beating him, then prepare to be thoroughly OWNED.

The characters in this game range from the standard humans such as a boxer and a Native American Chief, to a genetically engineered velociraptor-human hybrid. They all have incredibly creative and individual fighting styles and finishing moves.

If you're new to this game then I would recommend starting with either Cinder or Sabrewulf as they are probably the easiest characters in the game to use properly (button-mashing alone can get you fairly far through the single-player mode, but who the heck likes button-mashing?).

There are so many awesome little touches in Killer Instinct that by themselves are worth giving this game a few plays, such as the full motion video cut scenes and hilarious stage fatalities. It's a great game by yourself or with a friend and I can't recommend it highly enough!

The character select screen.

Full motion video.

Cinder vs Sabrewulf.

Cheeky dog!
Last Edit: 2010/06/16 15:52 By .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Killer Instinct 13 Years, 10 Months ago  
Thanks for dropping some of your arcade game reviews onto the NewNet, mate. A great thing about this place is that we're not limited to arcade games and can write up just about any game we can think of if we feel like it.

[NewNet]*Neckshredder1
NewNet Image Ninja
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male NeckShredder1 MAME Addicts Location: Australia

That game looks def. quite interesting to me (I love fighting games ^^)

When we meet the next time in TS, I will explain to you (Flankdog) how to use the advanced editor for your reviews, in this way they will be better to find (using the mainpage) and you can also include videos from your youtube channel, too
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Thanks guys

Well, thx to you mate
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:Killer Instinct 13 Years, 5 Months ago  
I used to love playing it on the SNES back when I was a kid. I still have the cartridge. It was my first SNES game in my collection too.

Go to topPage: 1