You are not logged in.

S5 Box

[ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: [ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots
[ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Ok so i love metal gear solid games but i hated this one due to the over use of cgi cut scences and hardly any gameplay i never completed it because i soon got bored of having to watch loads of movies when i just wanted to play the game what did everyone else think of this did anyone else not like this as much as the other games in the series? .
Last Edit: 2010/01/03 16:53 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the patriots 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
I've heard that, but I haven't played it. I had the same experience with Metal Gear Solid 3, I got bored of watching the cutscenes forever. They are beautiful and there can be some interesting plot points, but we want to PLAY and not watch, or it should be a Metal Gear movie. Strange, because if any game is screaming for a movie, it's Metal Gear, and yet they make movies or random games with little to no story (Super Mario Bros.)
[NewNet]*BackForwardPunch
Sonic Boom!
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: United States, New York Birthday: 06/27
Last Edit: 2009/12/23 09:09 By [NewNet]*BackForwardPunch.
Go home and be a family man!

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the patriots 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
To be honest I never finished the game (because I started to much of different things at the same moment as always) but I played it for some hours and I liked a lot what I saw... Of course I will need to go deeper into it to tell more, but I played it arround 2-3 hours and I thought it was quite cool...
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:[ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
I have only played about 4 hours and got to the first boss. But i am enjoying this game so far. I really do love solid snakes battle system, it is the best part of the game. For anybody who complains about the cut scenes. You play metal gear solid games for the story even though it is very long winded. All metal gear solid games are like a long movie with some gaming to break up the scenes in the movie.

Re:[ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots 13 Years, 11 Months ago  
Now that you named the game... I really should give it another try from the beginning... Maybe I could do that (when I will get my TV finally back) on the live stream, this game is worth to be played from the beginning until the end ;-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:[ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots 13 Years, 6 Months ago  
Didnt play the game yet, but I saw you play it on justin tv and it looks really good. Im planning on getting a PS3 w/move bundle soon and I think this will be the first game I get for the PS3. I did play the other Metal Gear games from 1-3 and i knda enjoyed watching the cut scenes, 2 was kinda confusing lol. Cant wait for Metal Gear Solid Rising to come out it looks pretty good.
Last Edit: 2010/10/24 23:24 By .

Re:[ PS3 ] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots 13 Years, 6 Months ago  
My first (re-)impressions ^^ about MGS4 are very good and I really look forward to go on and to play this game... However, what you see on the stream is really bad gameplay - its very hard for a old and married casual gamer with no time to get used to the controlls

However, prepare yourself to see more - when you get your copy of the game you will know at least already what you shouldn't do, hrhrhr ;-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 1