You are not logged in.

S5 Box

Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game?
Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game? 12 Years, 9 Months ago  
The Sega 32X was an add on for the Sega MegaDrive / Sega Genesis, that could upgrade the console to 32 Bit, and allow it to play games with (at the time) advanced graphics. Sadly, the system was not commercially very successful.

But what was your favorite game for this system. What games would you reccomend? Do you think the Sega 32X was underrated?

Me? I've purchased an American import version of the 32X last year and I've been playing with this console quite alot recently. My favorite game out of my collection is Space Harrier. Other games I have in my collection are Virtua Fighter (which in my opinion is.. Meh, OK), and MetalHead, which many people said was underrated but I didn't really enjoy this game very much. I hate the jerkyness of it.

I guess the reason for the 32X's lack of commercial success was because the Sega Saturn was on it's way at the time, along with the Sony PlayStation. Plus had the Sega 32X been more successful it would've been a bit inconvinient for people we're new to the world of video games and wanted a Sega 32X but didn't have a MegaDrive/Genesis. The 32X being an add on, first you would need to buy the Sega MegaDrive/Genesis, THEN you would need to buy the Sega 32X to play the (would be) latest games. This is unless the Sega Neptune would be released which was going to eb a Sega MegaDrive/Genesis AND 32X combined if it had not been cancelled.

Then maybe the 64X and/or the 128X would've followed?

DISCUSS!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game? 12 Years, 9 Months ago  
I do have a 32X just because of "collecting reasons", but IMO it's a quite unspectacular and uselss peace of hardware... Sega did a big error, relasing it to late (everybody was already waiting for the Saturn) while the CD32 could have been used way better insead.

The only Game I would be interested in so far was Primal Rage, but thats quite expensive nowdays and not worth all my money. I think I will sell my whole system (MDII+CD32+32X) because of place issiues and replace it with a "Sega Multi Mega" instead.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game? 12 Years, 9 Months ago  
Has anyone played a Sega CD 32x (the two systems combined) game? Probably the only retro system that I can't find roms for.

Re:Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game? 12 Years, 9 Months ago  
No, I never played this before... But... That looks very interesting! :-D
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Re:Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game? 12 Years, 8 Months ago  
Flankdog wrote:
Has anyone played a Sega CD 32x (the two systems combined) game? Probably the only retro system that I can't find roms for.

I had no idea this even existed. Many said there were NO Sonic games on the 32X. Well there was Knuckles Chaotix, which is more of a Sonic related game than a Sonic game.

Is this rare?

Re:Sega 32X - What is your Favorite Game? 12 Years, 8 Months ago  
So far it looks very rare - at least I couldn't find it anywhere...
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph

Go to topPage: 1