You are not logged in.

S5 Box

[ XBox 360 ] The King of Fighters '98
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: [ XBox 360 ] The King of Fighters '98
[ XBox 360 ] The King of Fighters '98 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
Does anybody have the Xbox360 version of KOF98UM? I've really been considering spending points on it, but I'm still divided on if its worth it or not. I probably will just buy it as points aren't really a big issue for me, I just want to make sure they're going to good use.

I hear the netcode is pretty bad on most SNK games on Live, but to anybody that has this, is it really THAT bad? KOF games are pretty technical, and slowdown/lag would completely ruin it online. Speaking of online, how's the community for this game? I realize over in the U.S. that the KOF series isn't nearly as popular as it is everywhere else in the world, which is a shame, I love the series.

Oh yeah, final question - In addition to the original music, is there an option to play the arranged music, as well? Example: If you compare the original Esaka?(Acid Mix) from KOF'99 to the arranged version, arranged sounds 100x better. I know that the 360 version doesn't have 3D backgrounds like the PS2 version, so I was wondering if we missed out on the arranged music option, too? Thanks in advance ^^
Last Edit: 2010/01/05 02:08 By [NewNet]*Jeliahz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match 14 Years, 4 Months ago  
I am sorry, but I still didn´t got it by my self, so I can´t answer these questions to u... However, I think "Nemesis" bought it, maybe he can give us some more informations about it, because I would be interested to get this game, too
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

I have the game, on PS2 that is. I know quite a bit about the 360 version though.

I have some trailers on my Youtube page, www.youtube.com/user/JayX37

First off, yes the online IS that bad. There's normal lag, input lag, and everything in between. Also, nobody plays it online anymore, so even if you got past lag issues you wouldn't find anyone to play.

Secondly, the 360 version wasn't translated. No matter what country you buy it in, it'll be in japanese. The PS2 version however was translated.

As for the ST, I'm not sure cause I never use arrange ST's but I believe it does. I'll have to double check. It does come with both KOF98UM and the original KOF98 games though.

Honestly if you can just buy the PS2 version. It comes with a TON of extras the 360 doesn't have (posters, KOF98UM and KOFXII wallpapers and trailers, A CASE ) and it's translated.

Oh, I see. That's a shame, because I honestly don't mind supporting SNK Playmore with my money... when they're providing us with top-quality games. The thing that really bothers me is I was looking forward to the online play because even if I was to purchase it on the PS2, nobody I know has really even heard of the KOF series and will most likely not appreciate it.

I remember quite a few years ago on the Sega Dreamast when Capcom vs SNK: Millenium Fight 2000 was released. My friend and I, we always got extremely competitive with Dreamcast fighting games, used to play the heck out of it. I always chose SNK characters while he stuck with Capcom, and I was of course criticized for using "unknown characters with complicated moves/super moves". I did teach him not to underestimate SNK when I consistently won

But anyways, it makes no sense to me how the netcode can be so bad for these 360 SNK games. I hope King of Fighters XII isn't the same as KOF98UM, because the game itself is so bare-bones and feels unfinished and rushed; it's only saving grace should be online play.

XII's online isn't that great either.

Great... I actually WAS looking forward to KOF XII online, but there goes my enthusiasm right out the window. Even if I do pick it up, there's no way I'm spending $60 on a rushed game with terrible online play. Oh well...

Chaos wrote:
Great... I actually WAS looking forward to KOF XII online, but there goes my enthusiasm right out the window. Even if I do pick it up, there's no way I'm spending $60 on a rushed game with terrible online play. Oh well...Well it's not terrible online, it's just not that great. They've put out quite a few patches to improve it since I last played online too.

Also if you don't want to pay $60 just buy the Asian version on Ebay. It's $30 new there, and it probably displays the language your system is set to like 95% of PS3/360 titles. It's region free too.

I originally preordered the US PS3 version but my PS3 broke and I had to get it repaired. Since I hadn't yet opened my copy of 12 I brought it back and got a refund. Instead of rebuying the US version I'll probably just get the Asian version.

Hmmm, so I will not buy the "98 Ultimate Match" for the 360 then...

Oh, btw. I have KOF12 for the PS3 and its not thaaaat bad, but compared to SF4 I was more then really disapointed...

Well, maybe it will be better the next time.
[NewNet]*Atarix
Administrator
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user

Go to topPage: 1